Wednesday, May 27, 2009

CFA Fireline Leadership Course

The last 2 weekends I have been off to Fiskville Fire Training College. Learning all about leadership stuff. It was a very long 2 weekends, with classes starting at 8am sharp and finishing at about 11pm... if we werent running a little late.
I actually learned a great deal of stuff!!!
From dealing with fellow team members, leading crews, responsibility of leadership, ethics and integrety when leading, focusing on 'what, not who' and a myriad of other skills that will not only help me at a brigade level but also in everyday life.
I had a great time and met a whole bunch of new people from all different brigades in my region. All volunteers like myself who are wanting to add more skills to their brigades and in the long run benefit their community.
Our facilitators were keen, informative and made the mammoth task of absorbing all the information easy and understandable. Never moving on when something was not understood and quite happy to clarify when needed.
All in all.... it was a great 2 weekends. Alot learned and friendships made.
Go 'Team Everest'

No comments: