Thursday, April 23, 2009

Staying well with Bipolar Disorder

I am off to a public forum on the 21st May in Ballarat. It is run by the 'Insights Bi-Polar Group' I think. I will go along and see what they have to say. From 7-8.30pm and a gold coin donation. I havnt heard of the speaker, but.... nothing unusual there.... Dr Sarah Russell, Ph.D. is the speaker, so hopefully I might learn some new things.

In June I am off to see the Tony Attwood Seminar in Ballarat also. I went to one of his last year, or was it the year before, anyway... found it very interesting and learned heaps. So looking forward to that.

I think if you can take away even a little bit of advice, information or just the knowledge that you are doing ok, then it is worth going.

Went off to parent/teacher interviews with Missy today. She has done really well and all of her teachers speak highly of her. Good manners, participates in class, asks questions if she is stuck and generally nice to have around. I am very proud of her. The start to high school was a little rocky, but she has found her groove now and things are looking good. She has a friend coming over on the weekend. Will go with her to her dads then stay here Sunday night before heading off to school nice and early on Monday.

Zak went to badminton with the grade 5/6 class yesterday... apparently a bit of a legend according to 'the other woman' aide Ang. He had a few good ralleys with her. Might have to set one up in the back yard. There has been a few 'Autistic' days lately, reverting back to some old habits and lacking eye contact altogether. We will get past this....

I may not win every battle, but I will win the war!!!

3 comments:

Casdok said...

And there are many battles!
Hope the seminar goes well.

Maddy said...

Tony Attwood has had a bit of a beating lately but I have loads of his books and I hear he's a very dry witty speaker.
Best wishes

Marita said...

So much on in Ballarat. I'm hoping to get to this one in Ballarat - http://www.suelarkey.com/media/Triple_Bill_May_26_2009_Ballarat.pdf

Found your blog via the Faces of Autism blog and have subscribed :)