Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Great Lizard Escape

Last night when everyone was sleeping..... Bert the Blue Tongue Lizard went walkabout.
There have been many times where I have gone into Missy's room before heading off to bed (quick night time kid check) and found her lizard not in his tank. Usually I just wake her and ask for the lizard and she dives her hand under the covers and out pops Bert... looking all sleepy. Then its off to bed for him.
This did not happen last night, I was in bed earlier watching TV.
At around 1.30am I was awoken by Missy crying, upset and talking a mile a minute. Trying to work out what was wrong when not fully functioning is not good. Needless to say, once I figured it all out... the great lizard hunt was on. I should mention that Bert is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but lovable all the same lol
After half an hour of looking in Missy's bedroom (I could call it that.... it is a room with a bed in it.... but, I call it the pit, suits it much better) I went for reinforcements. Off to the caravan in the shed to wake up the teenager!! That in itself could have gone a little pear-shaped...but Missy was really distraught. Needless to say.... we gave up the search at 3am. He was in that pit somewhere. Could not have gone far. We were a bit worried about him getting too cold though.
Good news..... after an EXTENSIVE clean up with Pams help and a few garbage bags, a couple of loads of washing and holy crap... there is floor in there!! Good old Bert was found safe and well..... if not a bit chilly.... curled up under the edge of the rug in the room.
An hour cuddled under my jumper and he was all back to top form and back in his tank under the light. Fresh blueberries and cherry roma tomatos and he is a happy little dude again.
Ahhhh...... still loving the dishwasher. Wonder if I will ever get sick of it?

No comments: